Salt Lake City Motorcycle Accident LawyerRequest Free Consultation
Understanding the Aftermath of a Motorcycle Accident
If you live in Salt Lake City and drive a motorcycle then you might know just how easy it is to get into a motorcycle accident with so many vehicles on the road. What you may not know is that drivers of motorcycles can be injured much more severely than other motorists and it doesn’t always have to be because of a collision with another vehicle. Motorcycles have a greater risk of getting you injured, sometimes severely in an motorcycle accident due to the number of larger vehicles on the road. We all try to do our best to be safe drivers, but we can’t account for the actions of other drivers.
That’s why, if you find yourself in an accident and it wasn’t your fault, regardless of how it happened, you need to consult with a Salt Lake City personal injury attorney and find out if you have a case. Chances are, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and other damages. Even if you think you aren’t, it’s worth a chance to call and speak with a motorcycle accident attorney in Salt Lake City who knows the law in Utah and can help.
Why Choose Our Salt Lake City Motorcycle Accident Lawyers?
That’s when you need the experienced attorneys at We Win Injury Law to help you prepare your case. In fact, not all motorists know this, but you don’t even have to come into contact with the at-fault driver if you’re in a motorcycle accident and you still may have a case.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Salt Lake City
Motorcycle accidents often result in severe injuries due to the lack of protection compared to other vehicles. Some common injuries seen in Salt Lake City motorcycle accidents include:
- Head and Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are a major concern in motorcycle accidents, even with the use of helmets. These injuries can range from concussions to more severe brain damage, leading to long-term consequences.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Motorcycle accidents can cause spinal cord injuries, which may result in partial or complete paralysis. These injuries require extensive medical care, rehabilitation, and long-term support.
- Bone Fractures: Fractured bones, including broken arms, legs, ribs, and collarbones, are common in motorcycle accidents. These injuries often require surgical intervention and lengthy recovery periods.
- Road Rash: When a rider slides across the pavement during an accident, it can cause severe abrasions known as road rash. These injuries can lead to skin infections, scarring, and long-term discomfort.
- Internal Injuries: The impact of a motorcycle accident can cause internal injuries, such as organ damage or internal bleeding. These injuries may not be immediately apparent and require prompt medical attention.
If you’ve sustained any personal injury from a motorcycle accident in Salt Lake City, contact our motorcycle accident lawyer in Salt Lake City today.
The Statute of Limitations for Motorcycle Accidents in Utah
It’s important to understand the statute of limitations when pursuing a motorcycle accident claim in Utah. The statute of limitations sets a time limit within which legal action must be initiated. In Utah, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims, including a motorcycle accident, is generally four years from the date of the accident.
However, it is crucial not to delay in seeking legal representation. The sooner you consult with a Salt Lake City motorcycle accident attorney, the better chance you have of gathering crucial evidence, interviewing witnesses while their memories are fresh, and building a strong case.
A standard collision is your typical motorcycle accident where one vehicle crashes into the other. If it is the fault of another driver that you are in an motorcycle accident and collide with their vehicle, you are entitled to damages in a court of law.
You may have severe personal injuries and a number of other damages after this type of accident and it is only fair that you receive compensation for all of your losses as a result.
No Contact Accidents
Another type of motorcycle accident that not all motorcyclists are aware of is the no-contact accident. If a motorcyclist is sustains a personal injury as a result of another driver, even if they don’t come into contact with that other driver, then they may still be entitled to compensation.
An example of this would be a driver behaving erratically and forcing a motorcyclist to take evasive action to avoid a collision. In this case, the injuries and damage the motorcyclist sustain as a result of the evasive action they take is the redirect fault of the reckless driver. This can be seen in cases where a driver fails to signal before turning, does not stop in time for traffic, or otherwise drives erratically.
Even without a collision, a motorcyclist may still suffer a severe personal injury while trying to save their vehicle from a collision and this would ultimately be the result of negligence on the part of the at-fault driver. This is why, even if you don’t think you have a case, you should contact an motorcycle accident lawyer at We Win Injury Law to see if you have a personal injury case.
How A Salt Lake City Motorcycle Accident Attorney Can Help You
Our Salt Lake City motorcycle accident lawyer is dedicated to providing comprehensive legal support to individuals who have been injured in motorcycle accidents. Here’s how we can help you:
- Case Evaluation: We will conduct a thorough evaluation of your case, examining the details of the accident, gathering evidence, and assessing the extent of your injuries. This evaluation will help us determine the strength of your case and the potential compensation you may be entitled to.
- Legal Guidance: We will provide you with clear and concise legal guidance, explaining your rights and options. Our motorcycle accident lawyer in Salt Lake City will answer all your questions and ensure you understand the legal process, allowing you to make informed decisions.
- Negotiations with Insurance Companies: Dealing with an insurance company can be challenging, as they often try to minimize payouts. Our Salt Lake City motorcycle accident lawyer will handle all communication and negotiations with insurance companies on your behalf, fighting for a fair settlement that covers your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.
- Building a Strong Case: We will gather all necessary evidence, including accident reports, witness statements, medical records, and expert opinions, to build a strong case on your behalf. Our motorcycle accident lawyer will use this evidence to demonstrate liability and prove the extent of your injuries.
- Litigation: If a fair settlement cannot be reached through negotiations, our motorcycle accident lawyer in Salt Lake City is prepared to take your personal injury case to court. We have the litigation experience and courtroom skills necessary to present a compelling case before a judge and jury.
- Maximizing Your Compensation: Our ultimate goal is to secure the maximum compensation you deserve for your motorcycle accident injuries. Our motorcycle accident lawyer will meticulously calculate your damages, including medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and future damages, to ensure you receive full and fair compensation.
We Win Injury Law is Here to Fight For You. Contact our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Salt Lake City Today
We understand how complicated a motorcycle accident case can be and we want you to know that you always have someone on your side. Don’t wait to get the legal assistance you need, contact the Salt Lake City motorcycle accident attorneys at We Win Injury Law today for a free consultation.