video calls availableSe Habla Español
Request Free Consultation

How is We Win Injury Law different from other injury firms?

At We Win Injury Law, we have been fighting for nearly 20 years for our clients who have been injured by the negligent actions of others to get them the compensation and justice they are owed. After all, insurance companies tend to do whatever they can to minimize the compensation they should pay. Although insurance companies may sound like they have your best interest in mind and offer you some amount of money to settle your claim; more often than not, the amount will not cover long-term medical costs, lost wages from missed work or delayed injuries that weren’t accounted for in the original settlement amount. We are experts at knowing the value of your claim and navigating the often confusing legal and insurance process. We have an amazing track record of winning cases against insurance companies and their lawyers.

Is hiring a lawyer necessary?

In the event of an accident or injury caused by another, the event causing the injuries is just the beginning of your problems. Navigating an insurance claim alone can be tricky, especially if the fault or cause of the injury is disputed. In addition, insurance companies may try to settle your claim for significantly less than what it’s actually worth. Hiring an attorney after an accident puts someone in your corner who knows your state’s laws and the tricks insurance companies may try to play. Our experienced injury attorneys are standing by to assist you and remember, consultations are free.

How much do we charge?

We Win Injury Law operates on a contingency fee basis. This means you only pay us after we win your case. You do not need to worry about paying out of your pocket for your legal fees. You can have peace of mind your attorney fees will come in the form of a percentage of the settlement or verdict amount we obtain. Thus, if there is no amount won on your behalf then you will not owe any attorney fees.

How long will this take?

We Win Injury Law will call you within 24 hours after submitting your form. Our agents will review and understand your case. Typically, a client will be assigned an attorney, legal assistant and a paralegal within a very short time from when you submit your case for review. Upon your case being accepted, our lawyers and injury law staff work as efficiently as possible to ensure your case is resolved as effectively as possible to obtain maximum results for you once you have reached maximum medical improvement.

Should I talk to a car accident lawyer?

Yes! The We Win Injury Law team will focus on your case by gathering evidence, consulting with experts and negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf so you can focus on getting your life back on track. If it is necessary, an attorney might even take your case all the way to trial to get the compensation you deserve.

What is my case worth?

One of the most frequent questions we get here at We Win Injury Law from our clients is “what is my case worth?” This is a great question and weighs on most people’s minds as bills are adding up. In the legal industry, attorneys refer to this as “case value.” While there may be a quick response on smaller cases in regards to general value, the exact amount is very difficult to determine and is always dependent upon a careful case by case analysis. At We Win Injury Law we analyze each and every case to ensure our clients receive maximum value regardless of how big or how small. With that being said, there are a number of factors that influence case value, which are: the extent of your injuries, the insurance limits, pre-existing conditions, lost wages and future lost wages and future medical costs. 
As you can see, consulting with one of our experienced injury attorneys is the best way to find out what your case is worth.

What to do immediately after an accident?

If you have been injured in an accident, the most important priority is getting the medical attention that you need. If the paramedics are requesting that you go in the ambulance, you should do it. If you do not require immediate medical attention then you should film the accident scene, or at a minimum take photographs. If you are transported by ambulance, you should try and see if a family member or friend can visit the accident scene and film and take photographs. You or them should also try and get the contact information for any witnesses to the accident. Additionally, be careful in talking to the police or admitting any fault, as statements like these can hurt your injury case. If you are injured and you suspect that the other party was the at-fault party you should contact us immediately for your free case evaluation.

How do I know if I have a personal injury case?

The simple answer is that you don’t have to be an expert! You can rely on the advice of a qualified personal injury attorney to help you make that decision. In Utah, you are required to have at least $3000.00 in total medical bills to be able to file an automobile accident claim, but this threshold is not required for other type of cases, like dog bites, medical malpractice, or slip and fall cases. The general rule of thumb is that if you were injured, and it was because of someone else, you normally will have a case, but again, consult with one of our competent injury attorneys to know whether or not you have a case.

Do I have a case even if I do not feel hurt?

Many clients do not feel hurt immediately during the accident. This is because your body pumps adrenaline through your body which will normally reduce pain sensations, and you might not feel your injuries until the next day, or sometimes the following week. However, if after a month or more has passed and you still don’t have any pain, and have not sought any medical care, you likely don’t have a case. However, just to be sure, it is always recommended to have one of our expert injury attorneys review your case. Remember, it’s always a free consultation at We Win Injury Law.

How long do I have to file a personal injury case in Utah?

This will depend on the statute of limitations of the state in which the accident occurs. Some jurisdictions require that your injury case be filed within a year of the accident. It also matters what type of case it is. In Utah, you have four years to file a claim for personal injuries from an automobile accident, but a medical malpractice case only has one year from the date you were injured or became aware of your injuries. Therefore, as a practical matter, you should consult with one of our injury lawyers as soon as possible to make sure you don’t miss out on the ability to receive compensation for your injuries because you miss the time in which to file your personal injury case.

Should I talk to the insurance adjustor after an accident?

If you have been injured in an accident you should not speak with an insurance adjuster without first consulting with an attorney. People naturally want to call insurance companies immediately after a serious accident because they want to secure a rental car while their own car is repaired or paid for if totaled. The adjustors for insurance companies (even your own insurance company) are trained to coax statements from you that limit the liability of their insured. Sometimes the insurance adjustor will say they want to do it via a recorded statement.You should consult with one of our expert injury attorney before speaking with an adjustor or doing a recorded statement.

What is PIP insurance?

Personal Injury Protection or PIP is a mandatory coverage for every Utah policy. Utah law requires you to carry a minimum of $3000.00 but your policy may be even $10,000 or $25,000.00 When you are involved in an accident and suffer injuries you can use PIP coverage regardless of who is at fault. It is important to find out how much PIP coverage you have after an accident because if you are found to be the at-fault party, you will be required to pay any of your medical bills that exceed your PIP coverage amount. Our attorneys are experienced in advising on PIP coverage. If you have been injured in an accident consult with one of our experienced injury attorneys to determine if you are the at-fault party. Remember, our consultations are always free.

What is the difference between a verdict and a settlement?

A verdict is a decision made by a judge and a settlement is a voluntary agreement between you and the insurance company. In most injury cases, your injury attorney will make a demand to the insurance companies, followed up normally by a series of offers and counter offers. If the insurance company and you agree to an amount that is reasonable and fair, then the case is settled, and you receive a settlement. However, if you cannot agree on a fair and reasonable settlement, your attorney will then file a lawsuit on your behalf against the at-fault party. At trial, a jury or judge will then determine the fair amount an award you a judgment, which is called a verdict.

Can I recover lost wage compensation?

Yes. When you injured in an accident, there are more costs than just the repair bills to your car and the medical bills you incur. Your injury attorney will make sure that if you had to miss work or lost income as a result of an injury that you are compensated as a result of that loss. In Utah, you are eligible for lost wages as part of you PIP coverage, although it is normally a fixed daily amount, then your attorney will help make the at-fault party’s insurance pay the difference during either a settlement or through a jury verdict.

Should I go to the hospital following an accident?

When you are in an accident, it is always recommended to go to the hospital if you’ve suffered a serious injury. In fact, if you are unconscious you will be transported anyways. Not going to the hospital can be a mistake for your personal injury claim, as well as there can be serious injuries that only an x-ray or MRI will reveal. Additionally, if you do have injuries and fail to seek medical care, that can be used against you because you are required to mitigate your damages. Now seeking medical treatment isn’t required from the hospital as you could certainly begin with your primary care physician or your chiropractor.