Salt Lake City Personal Injury LawyerRequest Free Consultation
Most of us probably know someone who has been in an accident and has had to file a personal injury case in order to recover compensation for their injuries. However, when it happens to you, it can be hard to figure out what you’re supposed to do and how to navigate the different legal proceedings and where to go next. As frustrating as it is, you are entitled to compensation and you deserve to be made whole for an accident that wasn’t your fault. The first thing to do to move forward with your case is to get a lawyer on your side who knows the Utah legal system and how to get you maximum compensation for your injuries.
A personal injury attorney is much more than someone who files papers on your behalf, they are an advocate and a defender that helps you build your case and protects you from the insurance company, their lawyers, low settlement offers, and investigators. Having someone on your side that knows personal injury law can make all the difference in whether your case is successful or whether you end up paying out of pocket for your injuries.
We Win Injury Law is the personal injury law firm you want to handle your case in Salt Lake City. We have a team of personal injury attorneys that have decades of combined experience and know how to deal with all the tricks that the insurance companies and lawyers will use to try to limit and deny your claim. Call us today and schedule a consultation to find out if you have a case and what your case may be worth as well as figure out your next steps. The clock starts the minute you are injured, so don’t hesitate, contact us today.
Why Choose Our Personal Injury Attorneys?
- With years of legal experience, We Win Injury Law has the skills, knowledge, and resources to fight for the rights of injury victims. Our personal injury attorneys have recovered billions of dollars for our clients.
- When you hire our firm, you gain the collective experience of all of our partner attorneys, case managers, support staff, and paralegal team. We know how important your case is, and we will dedicate the time and attention necessary to craft a compelling lawsuit.
- We Win Injury Law takes cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that you will not have to invest any money upfront—you are only charged legal fees if our attorneys successfully secure compensation on your behalf.
What Makes a Personal Injury Case?
There are four factors that determine your personal injury case and these hold true no matter what type of personal injury you have.
Responsibility to Care
Basically, what this means is that the party responsible for your accident had an innate duty or responsibility to act in such a way as to prevent harm. You can think of it like driving cautiously when on the road or a doctor’s obligation to treat a patient and make sure they do not leave worse than when they arrived.
Breach of Responsibility
The second part is known as a breach of responsibility. In other words, the at-fault party had a responsibility to care, and then failed to do so. Once this happens they are responsible for any damage caused by their actions, which in most cases would mean injuries that were a result of the accident.
Causation refers to the link between the at-fault party’s breach of duty of care and your injuries. If it can be shown that the direct (or most direct) cause of your injuries is due to their breach, then they are the ones who are held responsible.
Damage or Loss
The final part of any personal injury case is to show damage or loss as a result of the breach of duty to care. This means, what injuries or losses did you suffer as a result of the at-fault party not performing their duty? By proving these damages, you are entitled to compensation from the at-fault party.
Types of Personal Injury Lawsuits That We Represent
Whether you’ve been injured in an automobile accident or have suffered due to medical malpractice, it’s essential to find legal representation that specializes in the particular type of lawsuit you need to pursue.
At We Win Injury Law, our attorneys represent clients in a diverse range of personal injury lawsuits. Some of the cases that we handle include:
- Car accidents
- DUI accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Dog bite injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Pedestrian collisions
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability
- Truck accidents
- Wrongful death
Damages in Salt Lake City Personal Injury Claims
When you’re a victim in a personal injury case, knowing what types of financial compensation you can pursue is essential. In Salt Lake City, Utah, the law permits you to claim various types of damages, which are designed to compensate you for the losses that you have experienced. There are three main categories:
- Economic Damages: You can claim economic damages for quantifiable financial losses. They cover your past and future medical expenses, the cost of rehabilitation therapies, and any lost income due to your inability to work.
- Non-Economic Damages: These refer to the intangible losses you’ve experienced, such as physical pain or emotional trauma. While these damages are more difficult to quantify, they are equally important in acknowledging the full impact of your injuries.
- Punitive Damages: These damages are unique because they aren’t meant to compensate for your losses. Instead, they aim to punish the wrongdoer for their negligent or malicious actions. Not every case qualifies for punitive damages; your attorney from We Win Injury Law can evaluate your claim and determine your options.
Benefits of Hiring an Attorney for Your Personal Injury Lawsuit
Navigating the complexities of a personal injury lawsuit can be overwhelming, particularly when you’re also dealing with physical and emotional trauma. In these situations, you need an attorney on your side who can advocate for your rights and best interests.
At We Win Injury Law, our Salt Lake City personal injury lawyer can guide you through every step of your case, providing several advantages during this challenging time:
- Negotiations with Insurance Companies: Insurance firms often aim to minimize payouts, particularly to claimants who are not represented by legal counsel. We Win Injury Law brings years of experience in negotiating with insurance companies, and will fight to make sure that you receive a settlement that truly reflects the extent of your injuries and damages.
- Comprehensive Case Management: From gathering evidence and contacting expert witnesses to filing paperwork and representing you in court, our firm handles all aspects of your case, allowing you to focus on recovery.
- Trial Preparedness: While many personal injury cases settle out of court, some proceed to trial. We Win Injury Law will meticulously prepare your case for court proceedings, advocating aggressively for your right to compensation.
Do You Have a Salt Lake City Personal Injury Case? Contact We Win Injury Law Today!
Now that you see how a personal injury case works, what are you waiting for? The sooner you contact us at We Win Injury Law the sooner we can get to work on your case. Don’t wait, call or contact us today.