St. George Uber & Lyft Accident LawyerRequest Free Consultation
Uber and Lyft are popular rideshare services that are accessed via mobile apps. Many Utah residents rely on these services to travel from destination to destination. While these services may seem safe, serious collisions involving Ubers and Lyfts happen every year.
If you were injured in a rideshare accident, the attorneys at We Win Injury Law can help you seek justice. Our St. George Uber and Lyft accident lawyers are skilled in helping our clients recover fair compensation after a serious accident. Our firm can help you identify your optimal path to recovery and secure the settlement that you deserve.
Why Choose Our Attorneys for Your Rideshare Accident Claim?
- Our attorneys have over 20 years of legal experience and a history of achieving serious results. We have recovered millions of dollars for our personal injury clients.
- When you hire our firm, you gain access to the power of our full firm. Your attorney, along with our experienced paralegals, case managers, and support staff, will work diligently to build the most compelling case in your favor.
- We understand that financial hardships can accompany a rideshare accident. That is why we take cases on a contingency fee basis—if we don’t win, you will not pay any legal fees.
Common Causes of Uber and Lyft Accidents
Accidents involving rideshare vehicles can be caused by a variety of factors. In some cases, the collision is caused by the rideshare driver himself or herself. In other cases, another driver, a product malfunction, or road hazards are responsible. However, negligent driving behaviors are a major contributor to rideshare accidents.
Below are some of the most common causes of Uber and Lyft collisions:
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Distracted driving
- Driving over the speed limit
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Intoxicated driving
- Fatigued driving
- Driver inexperience
Legal Options for Uber and Lyft Accident Victims in Utah
If you were injured in an Uber or a Lyft accident, there are various options for compensation that you could pursue. Utah is a no-fault car accident state that requires drivers to carry personal injury protection (PIP) insurance; your first course of action may be to file a claim against your PIP coverage.
However, you may also be entitled to compensation under the rideshare company’s insurance policy if the Uber or Lyft driver was responsible for the accident. The amount of coverage that you could receive will depend on the driver’s status at the time of the collision:
- If the driver was not logged into the app, you are not eligible for coverage.
- If the driver was logged into the app but had not accepted a ride request, you are eligible for limited liability coverage. You could receive up to $50,000 per person injured in the accident, $100,000 in total injury liability, and $25,000 in property damage.
- If the driver was on the way to pick up a passenger or had a passenger in the vehicle, the liability coverage will increase to $1 million.
There are many pathways to compensation for a rideshare accident victim. An attorney from We Win Injury Law can help you identify your optimal path to compensation.
Contact a Utah Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer
If you were injured by a rideshare driver or while riding in an Uber or a Lyft, you deserve justice. Contact We Win Injury Law today to schedule your free case consultation with a St. George Uber and Lyft accident lawyer. You can contact our firm by calling (435) 688-9558 or by filling out our online form.