St. George Uber & Lyft Accident LawyerRequest Free Consultation
Uber and Lyft are popular rideshare services that are accessed via mobile apps. Many Utah residents rely on these services to travel from destination to destination. While these services may seem safe, serious collisions involving Ubers and Lyfts happen every year.
If you were injured in a rideshare accident, the attorneys at We Win Injury Law can help you seek justice. Our St. George Uber and Lyft accident lawyers are skilled in helping our clients recover fair compensation after a serious accident. Our firm can help you identify your optimal path to recovery and secure the settlement that you deserve.
Why Choose Our Attorneys for Your Rideshare Accident Claim?
- Our attorneys have over 20 years of legal experience and a history of achieving serious results. We have recovered millions of dollars for our personal injury clients.
- When you hire our firm, you gain access to the power of our full firm. Your attorney, along with our experienced paralegals, case managers, and support staff, will work diligently to build the most compelling case in your favor.
- We understand that financial hardships can accompany a rideshare accident. That is why we take cases on a contingency fee basis—if we don’t win, you will not pay any legal fees.
Common Causes of Uber and Lyft Accidents
Accidents involving rideshare vehicles can be caused by a variety of factors. In some cases, the collision is caused by the rideshare driver himself or herself. In other cases, another driver, a product malfunction, or road hazards are responsible. However, negligent driving behaviors are a major contributor to rideshare accidents.
Below are some of the most common causes of Uber and Lyft collisions:
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Distracted driving
- Driving over the speed limit
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Intoxicated driving
- Fatigued driving
- Driver inexperience
Rideshare Accidents Can Cause Serious Injuries
With the widespread use of rideshare services throughout St. George, drivers, passengers, and other road users are at risk of harm. Collisions involving Uber or Lyft drivers can result in a range of serious injuries, some with long-lasting, permanent impacts.
Common injuries in rideshare accidents often include:
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Severe lacerations
- Knee and ankle injuries
- Psychological trauma
Legal Options for Uber and Lyft Accident Victims in Utah
If you were injured in an Uber or a Lyft accident, there are various options for compensation that you could pursue. Utah is a no-fault car accident state that requires drivers to carry personal injury protection (PIP) insurance; your first course of action may be to file a claim against your PIP coverage.
However, you may also be entitled to compensation under the rideshare company’s insurance policy if the Uber or Lyft driver was responsible for the accident. The amount of coverage that you could receive will depend on the driver’s status at the time of the collision:
- If the driver was not logged into the app, you are not eligible for coverage.
- If the driver was logged into the app but had not accepted a ride request, you are eligible for limited liability coverage. You could receive up to $50,000 per person injured in the accident, $100,000 in total injury liability, and $25,000 in property damage.
- If the driver was on the way to pick up a passenger or had a passenger in the vehicle, the liability coverage will increase to $1 million.
There are many pathways to compensation for a rideshare accident victim. An attorney from We Win Injury Law can help you identify your optimal path to compensation.
How Much Is Your Uber/Lyft Accident Claim Worth?
In an Uber or Lyft accident claim, you can recover compensation for your economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages refer to your financial losses, while non-economic damages involve the pain and suffering that you endured. Because these damages vary from person to person, it can be difficult to estimate the value of your claim without speaking with a St. George Uber & Lyft accident attorney.
Several factors could affect the value of your claim:
- The severity of your injuries
- Your ability to work after the accident
- The presence of permanent disabilities
- Any necessary long-term medical care or rehabilitation
- Damage to personal property, such as your belongings in the car
- The emotional distress caused by the accident
How Long Do You Have to Pursue an Uber or Lyft Accident Claim in Utah?
If you were involved in an Uber or Lyft accident in St. George, it’s critical to take immediate legal action to protect your rights. The state’s statute of limitations for personal injury claims resulting from car accidents is typically four years. This means you have four years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit; this deadline also applies to insurance claims.
It is very important to adhere to this filing deadline. If you file after the statute of limitations, your claim could be denied, preventing you from recovering a fair settlement. To initiate your claim, speak to a St. George Uber and Lyft accident attorney right away.
What to Do If You Were Involved in a St. George Rideshare Accident
Being involved in a rideshare accident can be a scary, nerve-wracking experience. Amidst the confusion and shock, it can be difficult to figure out what you’re supposed to do next. In these situations, it is important to take steps to protect yourself and your future claim:
- Report the Accident to the Police: First, it is important to report the accident to the police as soon as you can. The responding officers will create an official report of the accident, which you can use as evidence in your claim.
- Seek Emergency Medical Attention: No matter how you feel, get checked out by a doctor as soon as possible after the accident. Some injuries aren’t obvious right away, and you’ll want documentation in case they appear later.
- Document Evidence: If you can move around the accident site freely, start gathering as much evidence as you can. Take screenshots of the rideshare app, capture photographs and videos of your injuries and the area around the collision, and collect contact information from witnesses.
- Exchange Information: Then, exchange your information with everyone involved in the accident, including the rideshare driver. Ask the Uber or Lyft driver for his or her name, contact details, company information, and app status at the time of the collision.
- Contact an Attorney: Given the complex nature of rideshare accident cases, it’s advisable to consult with a lawyer. A car accident attorney in St. George can guide you through your claim and help you recover fair compensation.
Contact a Utah Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer
If you were injured by a rideshare driver or while riding in an Uber or a Lyft, you deserve justice. Contact We Win Injury Law today to schedule your free case consultation with a St. George Uber and Lyft accident lawyer. You can contact our firm by calling (435) 688-9558 or by filling out our online form.