St. George DUI Accident LawyerRequest Free Consultation
Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is illegal in Utah and can have severe consequences, including injuries, property damage, and even death. If you or a loved one was injured by an impaired driver, you know that these effects can be devastating. In these situations, you deserve justice—and the St. George DUI accident attorneys at We Win Injury Law can help.
Our St. George DUI accident lawyers have over 20 years of legal experience and are dedicated to holding drunk drivers accountable for their actions. If you want to pursue legal action against an impaired motorist, trust our firm to fight for the compensation that you deserve.
Why Choose Our St. George DUI Accident Lawyers?
- Our DUI accident attorneys in St. George strive to recover the highest possible settlements on behalf of our clients. Over the years, we have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts.
- When you hire our firm, you get the collective experience of our partner attorneys, paralegal team, case managers, and support staff. We will explore every avenue of compensation and prepare for any challenges that may arise.
- We understand how painful a car accident can be. Our attorneys will provide the support and guidance that you need during litigation so that you can focus on recovery.
Understanding Utah’s DUI Laws
Utah has some of the strictest DUI laws in the United States. The legal blood alcohol concentration (BAC) limit for drivers is 0.05%. If a driver’s BAC is higher than this limit, they can be charged with DUI and face severe consequences, including fines, license suspension, and even jail time.
Legal Options for DUI Victims
While criminal charges may be filed against a drunk driver, these penalties do little to support DUI victims. However, there is another pathway available to the injured: filing a civil lawsuit. At the same time as criminal litigation, you can pursue a claim against the drunk driver and recover compensation for your medical care, lost wages, and other damages.
At We Win Injury Law, we understand the complexity of DUI accident cases and the financial hardships they can cause. We can help you understand your legal options and guide you through the complex legal process of pursuing a civil lawsuit against the at-fault driver.
What to Do If You Are Injured by a Drunk Driver
If you are injured by a drunk driver, it’s important to take the following steps:
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you don’t think you’ve been seriously injured, go to the hospital and receive care from a medical professional. Some injuries, such as whiplash, may not be immediately apparent.
- Contact Law Enforcement: Report the accident to the police by calling 911. Provide them with as much information as possible about the other driver and the circumstances of the accident.
- Document the Scene: Take photos of the accident scene, including any damage to your vehicle and any injuries you sustained. Ask any witnesses for their contact information as well.
- Contact a DUI Accident Attorney: Do not speak to the drunk driver or anyone else involved in the accident. Instead, contact a DUI accident attorney who can represent your case and help you recover the settlement that you deserve.
Contact A St. George DUI Accident Lawyer Today
If you were involved in a DUI accident, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance. The St. George personal injury lawyers at We Win Injury Law can represent your case and help you secure the settlement that you deserve. Contact us today at (435) 272-0079 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation and learn more about your legal options.